Our vehicle accident attorneys at Nunes Law, Inc. in Fresno, California, are aware of how challenging it may be to seek compensation from an insurance provider. After all, Frank Nunes, our founding and principal attorney, previously served as in-house counsel for a leading national insurance provide
In order for our clients in Fresno County, Kings County, Kern County, Madera County, Merced County, and Tulare County to confidently confront the irresponsible motorist and their insurance companies, our Fresno auto accident legal office has been putting this knowledge to work for them since 2007.
Our Fresno personal injury lawyers are aware that our clients’ injuries can have a serious impact on both their physical and mental health, which is why we spare no effort to strengthen and advance their position
We set ourselves apart from other law offices by giving each case we handle the precise, specialized legal attention it needs, so injury victims don’t have to manage their cases on their own.
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE INJURED OR KILLED IN AUTO ACCIDENTS IN CALIFORNIA EACH YEAR?
Traffic congestion is a well-known problem in California, where distracted, hurried, or drunk drivers are likely to cause accidents.
The California Office of Traffic Safety reports that, on average, in our state last year:
- A traffic crash with injury or death was reported every three minutes
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 53 seconds as a result of a traffic crash
- One person was killed every 2 hours and 14 minutes as a result of a traffic crash
- Over 3,600 individuals were proven to have died in road incidents over that span, and an additional 277,000 people were injured, only in California, according to the National Highway road Safety Administration.
- Our car accident attorneys in Fresno are aware of how challenging it may be to recover from a traffic collision since before our clients can even return to work, medical bills, lost earnings, and other costs mount up.
- Do not succumb to the strain of your accident and injuries. To learn more about our legal strategy for obtaining results for our clients, get in touch with our Fresno vehicle accident lawyers immediately for a free consultation.
OUR FRESNO, CA, PERSONAL INJURY LAW FIRM PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING PRACTICE AREAS:
- Truck Accident
- Bicycle Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Uninsured Motorist Claims
- Underinsured Motorist Claims
- Pedestrian Accident
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Slip and Falls
- Dangerous and Defective Products
- Burn Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accident
- DOES NUNES LAW, INC. HANDLE DRUNK AND DRUGGED ACCIDENTS WITH INJURIES CLAIMS?
- The answer to the question of whether you can file a lawsuit against a drunk motorist who injured you is yes.Sadly, intoxicated or drugged driving incidents happen more frequently than most people realize.Just in California last year:
- Alcohol-impaired driving took 949 lives
- 42% of all drivers killed in motor vehicle crashes who were tested after the crash were positive for legal and/or illegal drugs
- When a drunk or drugged motorist causes an accident that results in injuries, the penalties of their irresponsibility go beyond civil court. They can also be charged with a crime for their careless choice to start the car.
- When appropriate, we will assist you with your restitution claim in criminal court while our Fresno car accident lawyer exclusively handles the civil side of your damage claim, filing a personal injury claim against the irresponsible and at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- Our lead Fresno car accident lawyer recently supported a client in a drunk driving with injuries claim, and she was able to recover not only her costs and lost wages but also our attorney’s fees for representing her in the criminal case against the drunk driver who struck her.
- Every auto accident case that our attorneys handle is distinct, as is our tailored strategy for obtaining outcomes. To learn more about your legal options after being hurt in a car accident, get in touch with our knowledgeable Fresno auto accident attorneys right away. This will allow you to begin concentrating on your physical and mental well-being while we fight the insurance provider.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PURSUE AN AUTO ACCIDENT CLAIM ON YOUR OWN
- If you are looking for Fresno personal injury lawyers, there is a good chance that you, a family member, or both have been hurt in a car accident. As a result, you have probably already sought medical attention.It will be crucial for your vehicle accident claim that you get medical attention as quickly as you can after the collision. The first stage in pursuing a successful personal injury claim is to comply with all medical care obligations, even if you return to the emergency hospital or your family doctor after experiencing delayed symptoms from concealed injuries that were not immediately diagnosed.Working with a skilled automobile accident lawyer in Fresno will let you concentrate on getting well while we manage all communications with the insurance company so you won’t feel threatened by their questioning techniques.We will also provide you advice on how to get a rental car, how to report the accident to your insurance provider, and how to explore your possibilities for pursuing a financial settlement from an at-fault driver who is either underinsured or uninsured.Our skilled vehicle accident lawyers in Fresno will take care of every aspect of your claim so you can concentrate on getting better.
- CAN NUNES LAW, INC. HELP IF I HAVE LOST A LOVED ONE IN A FRESNO CAR ACCIDENT?
- Nearly 39,000 people died in car accidents throughout the nation last year alone, according to the Centers for Disease Control, making them the leading cause of death in the US.At Nunes Law, Inc., we are aware that statistics are meaningless if you have lost a loved one in a car accident. You’re just looking for a solution to get through this terrible situation.Even though no amount of money can bring your loved one back, filing a lawsuit against the reckless driver who brought about your loss may be able to give you the financial support you require in order to mourn your loss fully.Eligible family members in the state of California have two years from the date of the death of a loved one to file a wrongful death lawsuit. When you’re ready to talk about your loss, our sympathetic car accident lawyers in Fresno are available and eager to assist.
- CONTACT OUR CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS IN FRESNO, CALIFORNIA, FOR A FREE CONSULTATION TODAY
- At Nunes Law, Inc., Fresno personal injury lawyers focus on empowering our clients, so they can make informed decisions about the direction of their claims. If you have been hurt in a traffic collision, or have tragically lost a loved one to a negligent driver’s actions, contact our skilled car accident attorneys in Fresno today by calling (559) 702-5124 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) FOR OUR AUTO ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN FRESNO, CALIFORNIA
- WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I’M IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT IN CALIFORNIA?
- Prior to calling 911 to report the accident after being in an auto accident, make sure everyone is safe. Take pictures of the incident and any car damage, and exchange contact and insurance information with the other motorist or drivers.WHAT IF I’M INJURED IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT IN CALIFORNIA?If you’re injured in an auto accident, you should seek medical attention immediately. You should also report the accident to your insurance company immediately.WHAT IF THE OTHER DRIVER DOESN’T HAVE INSURANCE IN CALIFORNIA?If the other driver doesn’t have insurance, you may still be able to recover damages through your own uninsured motorist coverage. You may also be able to pursue legal action against the other driver, but recovery may be more difficult if they don’t have insurance.WHAT IF THE ACCIDENT WAS MY FAULT?If the accident was your fault in California, you may be liable for damages to the other driver(s) and their property. You should report the accident to your insurance company and cooperate with any investigations.WHAT IF THE OTHER DRIVER WAS AT FAULT?If the other driver was at fault in California, you may be able to recover damages from their insurance company. You should report the accident to your insurance company and speak with a skilled Fresno auto accident lawyer.WHAT IF I WAS PARTIALLY AT FAULT?If you were partially at fault in an auto accident in California, your recovery might be reduced based on the percentage of fault assigned to you. California follows a “comparative negligence” rule, which means that each party is responsible for damages based on their percentage of fault.HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO FILE A CLAIM AFTER AN AUTO ACCIDENT?In California, you generally have two years from the accident date to file a personal injury claim and three years to file a property damage claim.WHAT DAMAGES CAN I RECOVER AFTER AN AUTO ACCIDENT?After an auto accident in California, you may be able to recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage.DO I NEED A LAWYER FOR AN AUTO ACCIDENT?While it’s not required, it’s recommended that you consult with a personal injury lawyer if you’re involved in an auto accident in California. A lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options and can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.WHAT IF THE OTHER DRIVER’S INSURANCE COMPANY DENIES MY CLAIM?If the other driver’s insurance company denies your claim, you may need to pursue legal action to recover damages. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you navigate the legal process.CAN I STILL RECOVER DAMAGES IF I WASN’T WEARING A SEATBELT?In California, failure to wear a seatbelt can affect your recovery in a personal injury claim. However, you may still be able to recover damages if you can show that your injuries were caused by the other driver’s negligence.WHAT IF THE OTHER DRIVER FLEES THE SCENE OF THE ACCIDENT IN CALIFORNIA?If the other driver flees the scene of the accident in California, you should report the accident to the police and provide as much information as possible about the other driver and their vehicle. You may also be able to recover damages through your own uninsured motorist coverage.